Honey- Honey is the sweet and thick liquid made by bees. Bees make honey by collecting a sugary juice called nector from flowers. Bees store it in their stomach, a different from their food stomach. They take it back to their hive where they passed it to another bees who chew it until it becomes honey. Then they store the honey into tiny, waxy units called honeycombs. After it they fan it with theit wings to make it dry and it become sticky.
It is the store food for bees but we human also enjoy it :).
The smell, color and taste of honey depend upon the type of flowers visited by bees.
Types Of Honey :-
Mainly Honey is categorized into two types :-
1) Raw :- Raw honey comes straight from the hive . Some people just filter the honey to remove wax, pollen and parts of dead bees. They do not pasteurize the honey.
2) Pasteurized :- Pasteurization is a process that removes impurities in honey and to improve its quality by applying high heat.
Types of honey found in India :-
1) Litchi Honey
2) Eucalyptus Honey
3) Clover Honey
4) Rosemary Honey
5) Lavender Honey
6) White Honey
7) Manuka Honey
8) Jamun Honey etc
Nutritionally, 1 tablespoon of honey (21 grams) contains 64 calories and 17 grams of sugar, including fructose, glucose, maltose and sucrose.
It contains virtually no fiber, fat or protein . Honey is rich in minerals such as iron, calcium and magnesium
Benefits Of Honey :-
Honey is one such delicious food item that we can include in our diet in many ways. People use it in many different ways. Many people drink it by mixing it with milk, while many people use it in making any dish. Along with being full of flavor, it is also full of nutritious elements. Not only this, it also has many positive effects on the health of people who consume honey at night.
Let us know in detail below about the benefits of its consumption.
1) For Cold and cough :- From ancient time people are using honey as medicine for cold and cough. Honey and ginger solution can cure cold and cough for children as well as for adults. Drinking tea or warm lemon water mixed with honey is a good way to cure a sore throat.
2) For Silky Hair :- Honey acts as a natural agent for moisturising hair and silk smoothy hair . Add a teaspoonful of honey to curd or olive oil , apply to hair throughly and keep this mask for atleast 30-40 minutes before washing your hair with shampoo.
3) For Glowing Skin :- Honey is very useful ingredient from kitchen which can help you out to glow skin. Apply it directly or with any other ingredient like lemon water, aloe-vera etc , it will always work as magic.
Let’s check the Recipe 🙂
a) Take 1 tablespoon of honey and mix lemon juice in it. Apply the mixture all over the face (except the eye’s area). Wait for 15-20 minutes and then wash the face with luke-warm water.
b) Take mixture of honey, aloe-vera gel and raw milk. You can add 1 pinch of turmeric also. Mix well all the ingredients and apply it on the face. Wait for 15-20 minutes and then wash the face with luke warm water.
4) For Weight – Loss :- Just replace your sugar intake with honey and you will find it beneficial in your weight loss journey. Take honey and lemon water in the morning and it will boost your metabolism.