Are you health conscious?
But got a sweet tooth?
Craving for a Yummy Cake?
But don’t want to use Microwave?
If your answer is “ Yes” then you are at the right place.
I wanted to make a cake for a long time but a no bake cake and that too without compromising on my health. So I gave a try to this steamed cake made with banana.
I value your time so I am not going to tell you long stories. Let’s proceed to the recipe of this healthy and Yummy Steamed Banana Cake.
Serves for 2
One ripe banana ( overripe is better)
One tablespoons whole wheat flour
One teaspoon jaggery powder or brown sugar ( can be increased of you want sweeter)
1/4 tea spoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon flaxseed powder
I teaspoon broken walnuts
2 tea spoons melted butter .
- Sieve wheat flour in a bowl, add baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg and add jaggery powder, mix well.
- Mash the banana very well.
- In the egg bowl add wheat flour slowly and keep mixing.
- Add mashed banana to the batter of egg and wheat flour.
- Mix all ingredients very well. Make sure there are no lumps. You can use a grinder as well.
- Add melted butter, raisins, flaxseed powder and walnuts to the batter and mix.
- Pour the batter in a bowl and cover with aluminium foil
- In a saucepan add two glasses of water and heat it up on medium flame on stove.
- When water boils keep the bowl in the pan and cover the saucepan.
- Let it get cooked in steam for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve it in a plate and Top up with nuts or honey.
Try this healthy cake and don’t forget to leave your feedback.